YOW House Code
1. Arrive early and stay late. Cheer, clap, and encourage others. Anything less is to cheat yourself of the experience. Besides, if you’re late, it’s 5 burpees per minute.
2. When you arrive, get into your warm-up. We do a general warm-up but it may not address your specific needs.
3. You will get exactly what you put into each workout. Coaches will push you within the boundaries of safety but ultimately YOU have to be the one who wants to be here.
4. You are responsible for your own fitness, health, and safety. Injuries, and perhaps accidents, usually come as a result of impatience. Don’t be greedy – slow down, ask questions, and ask for help. If you need to pull back, or aren’t comfortable, tell the coach. This is being smart, not weak! Check your ego at the door.
5. CrossFit doesn’t get easier, you just get stronger, faster, etc. The secret is intensity. Once Rule 4 has been applied, push hard and have positive self-talk because you got this!
6. Don’t lose count of your score for the WOD. It may not be important for you today, but it is important – for you and for others.
7. Keep track of your reps and keep a high individual movement standard – don’t cheat yourself out of a great workout.
9. Harassment or abuse of any type will not be tolerated towards anyone. Friendly banter is fine but please be mindful of what’s being said.
10. Dumbbells, kettlebells and EMPTY barbells are not designed to be dropped, nor are barbells with 5s, 10s, 15s, or 25s.
11. Chalk is useful, even necessary. It is also messy. Use as much as you need, but keep the excess inside the chalk bucket.
12. Clean up and put away all equipment after each workout. Clean up sweat, spit, blood, chalk, dirt, vomit, handprints, and whatever else you’ve left behind.
13. Grunting, screaming, cussing, and otherwise making noise are all welcomed and encouraged during a workout. Also remember that there can be such a thing as too loud, crass, gross, or rude – please be respectful.
14. Use hook grip during Olympic Lifts.
15. Read the board, listen to the coaches and then ask questions about the WOD.
16. Lost and Found items will be located in the bin that says ‘LOST & FOUND.’ CrossFit YOW and their coaches are not responsible for lost or stolen items.